If everyone in the U.S. had the basic health habits, average life expectancy would go from current 78 to 100! 97.3% of Americans have one to 5 bad habits:
- Smoking—22% of Americans
- Body Mass Index 25 to 29—35%; BMI 30 or above another 35%
- Eating less than 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily—90+%
- Exercising less than 30 minutes 5 days a week—90%
- Sleeping less than 7 hours of sleep a 24-hour day—35% or more
Each Bad habit can shorten your life 7 or more years, and negatively impact the quality of your life for many more. To me, the loss of health from unhealthy habits is all I need to know to avoid sloppy, stupid health habits.
My essential health habits for everyone are:
- No smoking
- Body mass index 18 to 24
- Eat at least 5 servings daily of fruits and veggies
- Exercise at least 20 minutes 5 days a week
- Sleep 7 to 8 hours every
- Take vitamin D3 a minimum of 5000 units to 10,,ooo units daily
- Take a good multivitamin/mineral with at least 25 mg of B complex daily
- Take 1000 to 3000 mg of Omega 3 daily
- Take at least 2000 mg of vitamin C daily
- Take astaxanthin 10 mg daily
- Take gamma/delta Tocotrienols, 100 mg daily
- Do at least 20 minutes daily of self-regulation, such as autogenic training
If everyone adopted the essential health habits, average life expectancy would increase to 100 within 25 years and we would have a minimum of 75% less illness, need 99% less drugs, need 75% less medical services.
Start with one habit you are willing to change. Work on it for a week or a month before you tackle the entire list! The one antidote to stress that is easiest to introduce is autogenic training.