High School students may choose to register in the Soar Program, which provides flexibility regarding where high school credits are earned. Students earn credits toward a Summit diploma by taking approved courses on and off our campus. Students are considered to be full-time even if they are taking classes outside of the school. Soar students are also eligible to participate in student government, athletics, college counseling, and Summit extra-curricular activities.
The Soar Student works with Summit staff to develop a Guided Learning Plan towards graduation. Summit staff meet regularly with Soar Students to monitor their progress and assess their learning.
Along with a flat enrollment fee of $2,500, Soar students are charged $800 for each 0.5 credit received for their academic course work taken on our campus. Tuition and fees for courses taken at partner institutions have separate billing arrangements and are paid directly to the partner institution. Total fees paid to The Summit for participation in the Soar program will not exceed total tuition and fees for a student enrolled in our conventional high school program.
A Soar Student receives the following:
- Status as a full-time Summit student
- All earned and approved credits recognized on a Summit transcript including credits earned in approved non-Summit learning activities
- Ability to graduate with a Summit diploma
- College counseling/guidance
- An academic mentor
- Development of a Guided Learning Plan
– Approved, non-Summit coursework from a partner institution
– Independent learning with appropriate assessment
– Service Learning projects
- Participation in Summit athletics
- Co-op with New Covenant Academy