The Summit Preparatory School of Southwest Missouri is seeking an educator in the following area:
Early Learners (3, 4, and 5 year olds) & Middle/High School Spanish – Temporary Part-time Position
The Summit, located in south-central Springfield, Mo, is a fully accredited, independent, non-profit, co-educational day school meeting the learning needs of 160 students, Early Learners through High School. The Summit is characterized by its progressive, student-centered philosophy, academically challenging curriculum, personalized, “deeper learning” approach, motivated students, small class sizes, and talented, dedicated faculty. Teaching at The Summit is what teaching is all about!
Tentative dates: Starting January 3rd, 2019 through March 25th, 2019.
- Implements a student-centered approach to learning
- Knowledge of progressive learning ideals and an inquiry based approach
- Adept at technology integration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys collegial collaboration
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
- Spanish language proficiency
- Teacher certification desired but not required (quality candidates with prior, non-current certification will be considered)
- Minimum 2 years+ classroom experience in academic field preferred (quality candidates with limited experience will be considered)
Interested candidates should send a current résumé and letter of interest to Dr. Katie Heet, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver/mail to The Summit Prep, 202 E Walnut Lawn St, Springfield, Mo 65807.
Application is open until position is filled. The Summit reserves the right to close the application process at any time.
Click here to view a pdf of the position.
This private, independent school offers students the opportunity to excel in a supportive and educationally stimulating environment. Small class sizes, outstanding instructors, and a progressive, challenging curriculum are only a few of the benefits that students receive at The Summit.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Summit Preparatory School does not discriminate in the employment of personnel because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, or handicapped status in violation of existing state or federal law or regulations.